As many of you know, we at Insight Designs have been supporting the Boulder Shelter for the Homeless
for several years now. We support them financially by sponsoring their two annual fundraisers -- the Barely Black Tie Autumn Gala
and in the spring the Boulder Shelter Golf Classic
. We also help them with their website. (We just launched their new site in August; if you haven't seen it, be sure to check it out
.) And my husband and I have been volunteering at the shelter for 8 years or so, crawling out of bed at 5:30 am on Tuesdays to cook breakfast for 150-plus folks. Ellie
's soon-to-be-husband Tim Romano
cooks breakfast there, too.
Last week, I decided to put out a call for donations to some of our clients. Couldn't hurt to ask, right? I thought we might be able to garner a few items that could be auctioned off at this year's black tie event, which will be held Friday, Sept. 12 at the Boulder Theater.
I was amazed with the response. Every client that Ellie and I emailed replied immediately offering jackets or books or hotel stays or socks. Here's a look at some of the items that will be on the auction block thanks to our clients:
- One Hour with Olympian Taylor Phinney at the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine Cycling Studio. Experience a private compu-trainer (stationary bike) work out with Taylor Phinney and his coach Neal Henderson at the BCSM. A complimentary bike fit or physiological profile is included in this auction item, courtesy of the BCSM.
- Action pool cue and case from Cuestix International
- Jackets from Sierra Designs
- Luggage from Spyder Active Sports
- $50 gift certificate from The Mediterranean Restaurant
- $50 gift certificate from Brasserie Ten Ten
- 2 hotel and meal packages from the Golden Buff Lodge
- 3 Core Truths coffee table books (with the most current research on organic agriculture) from The Organic Center
- Ecofriendly socks from Teko
- A CD, show ticket and book bag from etown
- Wine from Augustina's Winery
- 2 sleeping bags, 2 adult backpacks and 4 kid backpacks from Kelty (they're not even our client; they're just really generous folks)
Thanks to all of these clients for their generosity. And if anyone wants to go to the event next Friday so that you can bid on some of these awesome items and help raise money for the homeless shelter, you can buy tickets at the shelter website