By now, most of us are familiar with Facebook Timeline, but we may not be maximizing its potential. Here are some tips to make sure you’re getting the most out of this new layout for your company and product Facebook pages.
- Your cover photo should be 851×315 pixels and less than 100 KB. Be sure to match your corporate branding.
- Your profile photo should be 180×180 pixels. A great place for your logo.
- Your cover photo CANNOT include a call to action or any contact information. This information should go in your profile information.
Timeline has features that allow you to keep the important information front and center for your fans:
- A “pinned post” keeps a post at the top of your page for 1 week even if you add additional posts.
- To highlight a photo, link or status, click the star icon on the post. This will make the post be full page width.
- Customize and arrange the apps under your cover photo. This is a great place for a call to action.
- Use the Milestones feature to mark key moments for your brand. Simply select Event, Milestone in the New Post balloon.
- Use Facebook Insights to see which posts are getting traction with your fans. (You have to have at least 30 “Likes” to use this feature.)